BioBay Investor Forum 2008
Aug 28-29, 2008 | Suzhou, China
presented by ChinaBio®
"The best bio-related investor forum I have ever attended" -- Qiming Venture Partners
Exceeding our projections, 160 attendees and over 40 VCs saw 16 of Suzhou's top life science companies present at the first annual BioBay Investor Forum in Suzhou, presented by ChinaBio®. BioBay is China's fastest growing biotech park. Located in the beautiful Suzhou Industrial Park less than two hours from Shanghai, BioBay has attracted nearly 80 early stage companies in just over one year.
The BioBay Investor Forum 2008 in Suzhou hosted sixteen early stage biotechnology, diagnostics and services companies developing novel technologies and addressing unmet needs. Attendees had the opportunity to screen these companies in a rapid one and one-half day forum that also featured educational sessions on operating a global biotech company in China, and how to attract venture captial. VCs and industry executives and analysts also addressed the state of the biotechnology industry and VC investment in China.
The following is information from prior to the event...
So join us at the BioBay Investor Forum in Suzhou on August 28-29 to see some of the best early stage life science companies in China present to more than 50 top tier VCs from around the world.
- Learn how to build a global biotech in China and attract venture funding
- Meet executives of early and mid-stage companies seeking investment
- Connect with VCs and other investors from the U.S., China and around the world
- Understand the opportunities and challenges facing the biotech industry in China
- Network with other entrepreneurs, industry executives and investors
Who Should Attend:
- U.S. & China VCs, fund managers and angel investors looking for investment opportunities
- Global pharma executives and business development managers seeking collaboration partners
- China biotech entrepreneurs wishing to connect with investors
- Industry analysts, media, etc. wanting to know more about China's biotech industry
- A special version of the 1/2 day ChinaBio® Executive Workshop featuring:
- -- Structuring a Global Biotech
-- Creating a Global IP Portfolio
-- Funding Early Stage Biotechs
-- Reducing Costs and Risk Through Outsoucing
- Speakers and panels on
- -- The State of Investment in China's Biotech Industry
-- How to Attract Venture Capital
- -- Successful Funding Stories (featuring two BioBay companies)
- 16 early stage biotech and diagnostics companies presenting their business plans
- Multiple networking opportunities including a dinner banquet on August 28
- Raffle of valuable prizes including a night at a 5-star hotel, dinner for two at an elegant Suzhou restaurant, and a day at the spa (must be present to win)
- Top companies to receive "Most Promising" awards
- Tour of the BioBay facilities, now over 200,000 sq. ft.