BioCapital China Summit 2008 - Beijing
October 24, 2008
Beijing International Convention Center
This one-day Summit to be held in conjunction with Beijing’s premier life science conference, the 12th Annual Healthcare Industry Forum, will explore the state of China’s rapidly growing biotech industry and the financial drivers that will determine its success, including:
• Early Stage Funding
• Venture Capital Investment
• Collaboration & Licensing Deals
• IPOs and M&A Activity
Speakers from around the world will present insights and analysis into the current state of the industry, the factors critical to its success, and its rapidly evolving future. Topics will include:
• The State of China’s Biotech Industry
• Financial Drivers of China Biotech
• Raising Venture Capital
• Doing Deals: Collaboration and Licensing
• Exiting: M&A and IPO Transactions
• 2020: A Look at the Future of China Biotech
For a complete agenda please click here.
Who Should Attend
Held in conjunction with the 12th Annual Healthcare Industry Forum, attendees will include executives and key leaders from the firms and organizations shaping China's biotech industry. You should attend if you're a:
• Venture Capitalist
• Industry Analyst
• Fund manager
• Investment Banker
• Private Equity Investor
• Pharma Executive
• Biotech Entrepreneur
Experts who have hands-on experience in the China life science industry will speak:
• Industry Leaders
• Venture Capitalists
• Investment Bankers
• MNC Pharma Executives
• Biotech Executives
• Mingde Yu - Executive President, China Pharmaceutical Enterpirse Management Association, Honorary Chairman of the Board of Beijing Pharmaceutical Group Co. Ltd
• Greg B. Scott - Founder and CEO, ChinaBio® Accelerator
• Li Chen, PhD - CSO Roche R&D Center (China)
• Christopher Cooper, MBA - Partner Transaction Services, Deloitte & Touche
• Carl Firth, PhD, MBA - Head of Asia Healthcare, Merril Lynch
• Alex Fowkes, JD - Executive Director Head of R&D Business Development, Asia, Pfizer Global Research & Development
• Jennifer Hu, PhD - Director of Licensing and Alliances, Merck & Co.
• Nisa Leung, MBA - Partner, Qiming Venture Partners
• Richard Li, MBA - Managing Director, Legend Captial
• Rebecca Lin, MBA - Principal / Chief Representative of Beijing Office, Fidelity Asia Ventures
• Jonathan Wang, PhD, MBA - Senior Managing Director, OrbiMed Asia
• Steven Wang, PhD, MBA, CFA - VP, Investment Banking Division Morgan Stanley Asia Ltd.
• Bo Wen, MBA - Executive Director, The Balloch Group
• David Xu, PhD - Managing Partner, Mingly China Growth Fund
• Chika Yoshinaga, MD - VP Asia, Sofinnova Partners
• Wei Zhou, PhD, JD - Partner, Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
For a complete list of speakers, please click here.
You may register for just the BioCapital China Summit or for the complete Healthcare Industry Forum. Registration fees are:
- BioCapital China Summit: Only $400! Includes the full one day program on October 24 and the dinner reception hosted by BayHelix.
- Healthcare Industry Forum: Only $800! Includes the full HIF program on October 22-24 and the BioCapital China Summit. (Regularly $1500)
To register now, please click here.
Beijing Pharma & Biotech Center (BPBC)
ChinaBio® Accelerator – Creators of the ChinaBio® Investor Forums
For More Information...
For more information on the Healthcare Industry Forum to be held October 22-24, please see www.hif.com.cn/en. (Organized by Beijing Pharma & Biotech Center)