BioCapital China Summit 2009 - Beijing
Beijing International Hotel International Conference Centre
This special one-day Summit to be held in conjunction with Beijing’s premier life science conference, the Beijing International Healthcare Industry Forum 2009 (HIF), will explore the state of China’s rapidly growing biotech industry and the financial drivers that will determine its success, including:
• The State of China Biotech
• The Evolving Investment Climate - Issues and Opportunities
• How Government Funds Are Helping Biotech Companies Grow
• How to Attract Funding - What VCs Really Want
• Public Market Financing - Exit Opportunities for Biotech Companies
Plus the SEED Business Plan Competition, organized by Orbimed, McKinsey and Roche and presented by ChinaBio, will be launched as part of the BioCapital China Summit.
Speakers from around the world will present insights and analysis into the current state of the industry, the factors critical to its success, and its rapidly evolving future. A few of our key speakers include:
• Bill Guo, MD, MBA – Chairman and CEO, Venturepharm Group
• Shen Jun - General Manger, Beijing Junweicheng Credit Ratings Co., Ltd.
• Jianjun Liu - Researcher/Former Deputy Director, Venture Capital Research Center of Peking University
• Joseph McCracken, DVM - Head of Pharma Partnering Asia, Roche Pharma Partnering
• Rajesh Parekh, PhD - Director, Head of Asia Healthcare Practice, McKinsey & Company
• Greg B. Scott - Founder and CEO, ChinaBio® LLC
• Yi Shi, PhD - Managing Director, Lilly Asian Ventures
• Jonathan Wang, PhD, MBA - Senior Managing Director, OrbiMed Asia
• Zhen Wen - Director, Administration Committee, Daxing Bio-Medicine Industry Park, Zhongguancun Science Park
• Alex Wu, PhD - CEO, Crown Bioscience, Inc.
• Stella Xu, PhD - Executive Director, Roche Global Pharma Partnering
• Yanning Yi, MBA - Vice President, The Balloch Group
• Sherry Yin, LLM - Partner, Morrison & Foerster LLP
• Zegong Zhang - Deputy Director, Beijing Pharma and Biotech Center
• Weiren Zhu - Partner, Acorn Fund
Who Should Attend:
Held in conjunction with the Beijing International Annual Healthcare Industry Forum, attendees will include executives and key leaders from the firms and organizations shaping China's biotech industry. You should attend if you're a:
• Venture Capitalist
• Industry Analyst
• Fund Manager
• Investment Banker
• Private Equity Investor
• Pharma Executive
• Biotech Entrepreneur
• Scientist, Researcher or Academician
Special Offer: Now save 40% off of BCCS and HIF registration!
Through a special agreement with the organizers of our host event, the Beijing International Healthcare Industry Forum (HIF), we are now able to offer friends of ChinaBio an exclusive 40% discount on registration to our one-day BCCS event, or the entire 3-day HIF event. This saves you 1200 RMB ($180 US) on BCCS and 4000 RMB ($600 US) on HIF!
You must register through our website to register and enter the Promo Code FOCB-BCCS or FOCB-HIF. Please click here or go to /events/BCCS2009/registration. (Discounted BCCS registration is 1800 RMB ($270 US) and HIF is 6000 RMB ($900 US).)