The first ChinaBio® Investor Forum held in Beijing was a huge success. It attracted nearly 200 attendees, 50 VCs and 20 presenting companies from throughout China. Our Investor Forums have become well known as "the place" to find early stage life science investment and partnering opportunities in China. Our previous presenting companies have raised over $60M from VCs and big pharma who have attended our events.
China is the fastest growing market for pharmaceuticals in the world. Now, after billions of dollars of investment, China is transforming itself into a world leader in biotech innovation, and will soon be the 2nd largest market after the U.S. And the financial turmoil in the rest of the world is driving the move to leverage China's low cost development structure even faster.
The ChinaBio® Investor Forum brings entrepreneurs and investors together in a unique platform that has enabled early and mid-stage life science companies in China to raise over $60M US as a result of our forums. The ChinaBio® Investor Forum in Shanghai attracted over 270 attendees and 80 VCs from the life science industry. Twenty-one companies presented their business plans and most received VC investments as a result. VCs in attendance included Sofinnova, Mingly China Growth Fund, Bay City Capital, Lilly Asia Ventures, Fidelity Asia Ventures, BioVeda China, HBM BioMed, Morningside, and any more. Plus many of the big pharma attended looking for new technologies, including Merck, Pfizer, Roche, Lilly, and others
Now, the ChinaBio® Investor Forum will be hosted in Beijing for the first time. Over 20 early stage biotechnology, diagnostics, medical device and services companies from throughout China will be presenting. Attendees will have the opportunity to screen these companies in a rapid two-day forum that also offers educational sessions on the state of the biotechnology industry and VC investment in China from over 25 experts.
So join us at the ChinaBio® Investor Forum in Beijing on December 11-12 to see the best early stage life science companies in China.
- Meet early and mid-stage companies seeking investment
- Connect with VCs and other investors from the US and China
- Understand the opportunities and challenges of the biotech industry in China
- Network with other entrepreneurs, industry executives and investors
Who Should Attend:
- U.S. & China VCs, fund managers and angel investors
- Global pharma executives and business development managers
- China biotech entrepreneurs
- Industry analysts, media, etc.
- Two days packed with company presentations and informative sessions
- Keynote speakers and panelists give insights and analysis of the China biotech industry
- Entrepreneurs present business plans and then meet face-to-face in breakout sessions
- Multiple networking opportunities including the popular dinner reception on December 11
- Top companies receive “Most Promising” Awards in the ceremony held on December 12
- State of China Biotech – where is biotech going in China and how is it impacted by the financial crisis?
- Challenging Investment Climate – explore the issues facing investors and entrepreneurs in this time of turmoil
- Funding Success Stories – hear successful entrepreneurs and VCs tell how they did it
- Partnering in China Biotech – meet pharma and service execs willing to partner with you
- Zhongguangcun Life Science Park – the heart of Beijing's biotech industry
- Biotech Innovation Works – a beautiful state-of-the-art facility