China is the fastest growing market for pharmaceuticals in the world. Now, after billions of dollars of investment, China is transforming itself into a world leader in biotech innovation, and will soon be the 2nd largest market after the U.S.In just one year, VC investment in China biotech has increased 400%.
Last year, the ChinaBio® Investor Forum attracted over 150 attendees and 50 VCs from the life science industry. Fifteen companies presented their business plans and most received VC investments as a result. VCs in attendance included Bay City Capital, BioVeda China, HBM BioMed, Mingly China Growth Fund, Morningside, Sequoia Capital, Sofinnova, and more.
This year, ChinaBio® Investor Forum 2008 - Shanghai will host even more early stage biotechnology, diagnostics and services companies developing novel technologies and addressing unmet needs. Attendees will have the opportunity to screen these companies in a rapid two-day forum that also offers educational sessions on the state of the biotechnology industry and VC investment in China.
So join us at theChinaBio® Investor Forum in Shanghai on July 7-8 to see the best early stage life science companies in China, or to present your company to more than 50 top tier VCs from around the world.
· Meet early and mid-stage companies seeking investment
· Connect with VCs and other investors from the US and China
· Understand the opportunities and challenges of the biotech industry in China
· Network with other entrepreneurs, industry executives and investors
Who Should Attend:
· U.S. & China VCs, fund managers and angel investors
· Global pharma executives and business development managers
· China biotech entrepreneurs
· Industry analysts, media, etc.
· Two days packed with company presentations and informative sessions
· Keynote speakers and panelists give insights and analysis of the China biotech industry
· Entrepreneurs present business plans and then meet face-to-face in breakout sessions
· Multiple networking opportunities including the popular dinner reception on July 7
· Top companies receive “Most Promising” Awards in the ceremony held on July 8
· State of China Biotech – where is biotech going in China and Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park?
· Challenging Investment Climate – address the legal and policy issues facing investors and entrepreneurs
· Funding success stories – hear successful entrepreneurs and VCs tell their stories
· Partnering in China Biotech – meet pharma and service execs willing to partner with you
· Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park – largest concentration of biotechs in the world
· ShanghaiBio Corporation Conference Center– beautiful state-of-the-art facility
· Registration fee: $150 USD (RMB1050)
· Group rate– register 3 attendees and the 4th comes free!
· Free of Charge for presenting companies (contact us regarding submissions)
ChinaBio® Investor Forum|July 7-8, 2008| Shanghai, China
Or contact us at:
TEL: +86 21 5137 0751 (China) / +1 858 926 4566(US)